Thursday, March 28, 2013

Vulgarity is Rampant

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord.". (the Bible/Psalm 19:14)

Our society has become so coarse......sadly, even among those who profess to be Christians we hear the "b..." word - the "f..." word, vulgar and off-color phrases, etc. Hearing the language used, not just by individuals, but in movies, t.v., books and songs anymore makes me wonder if anyone can write anything at all without the use of that kind of vocabulary! We all, youth and adults alike...and most certainly we Christians, need to clean up our language....
We need to memorize that verse above.....we need to imagine Jesus sitting right there beside of us, literally, and ask ourselves "do we really want to be speaking those words to Him?"

I know, I know ... here I am "preaching" .... and its because I am just hearing those "b..." and "f..." words way too much and it both angers and saddens me. If it affects this mere human like this can we not imagine how God must be feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment