Friday, August 17, 2012

Crispy Craving


A BIG disappointment this evening. Almost had boiled bulldog for supper. :( I'd been craving - yes, CRAVING - a crispy piece of fried chicken all afternoon. Having almost no food in the house yet after returning from vacation, grandson Christian and I made a quick run to Walmart for a few things (too tired to do the "big" grocery shopping) - where I purchased the largest, crispiest chicken breast they had in the deli section! Christian got a donut for him and one to take home for Papou. Soon's I got in the car I couldn't resist pulling that chicken out of the bag and having a big, crispy bite. Mmmmmm! So good; but I was disciplined enough to return it to the bag until I got home. When we got home I dropped everything on the kitchen floor, as I headed for the bathroom just off of the kitchen. No sooner had I shut the bathroom door when I began hearing Sullivan-the-bulldog's nails click-clacking on the kitchen floor... my brain quickly brought it all together for me: crispy fried chicken bag on the floor ... big bulldog on the floor who also loves crispy fried chicken. Oh, no! SULLIVAN!!! STOP!!! Too late. I yanked open the bathroom door to find our guilty-looking bulldog chomping down greedily on the torn-open bag and my crispy piece of fried chicken. Oh, the sadness. Oh, the anger. Oh, the laughter coming from grandson and hubby, insisted I should just cut around the parts the bulldog had enjoyed and eat it anyway! No way. Banishing said bulldog to the living-room and coldly staring down the still-chuckling grandson and hubby, I yanked open the back door and threw my now-not-so-lovely piece of crispy fried chicken out on the porch, as I yelled at the hanging-his-head-bulldog to "just go ahead and finish it now, you dumb dog!". He didn't feel quilty enough, though, to not run out quickly, gleefully, and grab up the rest of his illicit meal. I turned back into the kitchen to boil hot dogs, instead of the bulldog, for supper. All is forgiven - laughing grandson and hubby included ... but ... sigh ... I still sit here dreaming of that huge, crispy piece of fried chicken breast........

No comments:

Post a Comment